Sunday, May 07, 2006

Philanthropy

I learned today that I'm a philanthropist from the Everyday Giving site. I always thought that title was reserved for wealthy people who give lots of money to good causes.

Philanthropy(n.) Love to mankind; benevolence toward the whole human family; universal good will; desire and readiness to do good to all men.

Are you a philanthropist? Could you choose to be?

*

I have more than ten packages going out this week. Woohoo! I took a leap of faith and posted a request to a couple lists I'm on that I thought would be open to aiding in the Conspiracy. I am glad it worked. I figure I need to reach a certain number of people before the concept will start spreading on its own from person to person without a lot of "marketing" effort on my part. I just wish I knew what that magic number was and how to reach it.

*

I have a request for a blessing box, which I'm working on. I've got two others I'm decorating at the same time, so if you want one, let me know. (Blessing boxes are decorated wooden boxes filled with 50 inspirational quotes.)

*

I've been attempting to be as transparent as possible about this project and its effect on my life. In the spirit of transparency, I have something to share. I am overweight and I have an issue with food as a substitute for boredom. I don't mean regular boredom where I just have nothing to do. I mean a deeper sort of boredom when I'm not acting from my authentic creative self. I can watch a good movie and still eat from boredom. Since getting active with this project in February, I am finding that my boredom binges are much rarer. If I fill my spirit with creating, I don't feel the emptiness I try to fill with food. It's pretty amazing and thrills me. Figuring out how to take control of my eating habits has been a struggle because dieting won't matter if I don't address the underlying issues. I've already addressed past issues with putting on weight to protect myself and emotional eating. I stopped gaining, but can't seem to lose it. I think figuring out this boredom issue is just the breakthrough I needed.

May your day be filled with blessings.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home