Saturday, April 22, 2006

Meanings


I decided to look up the meaning of blessing today. I hadn't really considered the true meaning of the word when I was inspired with the name of this project and thought it would be appropriate to be know what it is.


Relevant meanings of blessing (from dictionary.com):

To invoke divine favor upon.
To honor as holy; glorify.
Something promoting or contributing to happiness, well-being, or prosperity; a boon.
Approbation; approval.
A desirable state.

So every time I send a blessing out into the world, I am invoking divine favor upon recipient; honoring the divinity/sacred in the recipient; glorifying the recipient; contributing to the well-being and prosperity of the recipient; approving (validating) the recipient for who they are; and (hopefully) inducing a desirable state.

Wow! That's pretty cool.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home