Saturday, April 22, 2006

Celebrating Today

Every day should be Earth Day!

I just read a blog post over at zaadz.com from a mother whose 7 year old son came home from school yesterday terrified because he was told at his school Earth Day celebration that "in thirty years the earth will be boiling and his children will die." Isn't it an act of terrorism to incite terror in children?

From dictionary.com :
terrorism --n : the calculated use of violence (or threat of violence) against civilians in order to attain goals that are political or religious or ideological in nature; this is done through intimidation or coercion or instilling fear

I am reminded by a quote I've been seeing everywhere lately by Albert Einstein that says how a problem cannot be solved by the same consciousness that created it.

We cannot counteract any act of terrorism, war, and fear mongering by reacting in fear and anger. We can only counteract the darkness in the world with our light. We must focus on positive, love affirming actions. We must incite love in every heart, especially our children's, then there will be no room for terror.

This is what the Conspiracy of Blessings is all about. Just like Ghandi's famous edict, I am being the change I want to see in the world. I want more love. I want more kindness. I want more empathy. I want more generosity. I want everyone to realize that the more we give, the more we receive. That sharing the resources of the world with the world will only bring more love, more happiness, and more abundance for us all.

I am not reacting to the terror and violence of humanity. I am not a (re)activist working against the words and actions of others. I am approaching my attempt to make a difference in the world from a place of love and compassion.

The blessings I have received in my own life since undertaking this endeavor last December are mind boggling. I seem to have catalyzed a process of rebirth, in which I shed old fears and old perceptions of myself to find a beautiful, abundant, happy person underneath. It seems that as I act in love instead of fear, the biggest fears of my life are falling away and I'm seeing love everywhere. Longstanding scars and fears have been illuminated and healed these last five months. I am beginning to realize I am already living the life I have always hoped for and now it's time to dream bigger.

Oprah says the Universe can dream a bigger dream for us than we can dream for ourselves. I think I'm finally ready to get out of the way and let the Sacred Dream for me take over. Are you?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home