Saturday, January 26, 2008

Love Notes & Guerilla Art

I've been bloghopping this evening and found a scattering of lovely posts about sending Love Notes out into one's city...

It started with Jen Lemen, one of my favorite creativity and kindness bloggers. These are her Love Notes.

She reminded me of Keri Smith and I can't believe I've never linked to her How to be a Guerilla Artist manifesto.

Jen was inspired by her friend Krystyn, who spread some love around New York in response to watching the circus that responded to Heath Ledger's death outside her office building.

From her comments I found the Acts of Kindness blog. Yay, another sister in kindness!

I also found Titration's Guerilla Art Adventure.

Honestly, I haven't been so successful with my intentions towards daily kindness. I think I'll be doing my own version of love notes in the next few days. I was going to say "to make up for it" at the end of that sentence. But I need to be kind to myself and recognize that I tend to do things in bursts anyway...lots of activity and then big rests in between. And it's ok.

Labels: ,

7 Comments:

Blogger titration said...

Hey thanks for the shout out. :)

12:53 PM  
Blogger Kind Claudia said...

Kindness is something that grows, one tiny second at a time. Your bursts of energy are crucial to helping keep us all going. Thank you for all that you do! :)

8:39 AM  
Blogger Veronica said...

hello
well im glad you entered my giveaway, i may not have found you other wise, and that was my whole point of joining - to find interesting people and their blogs. I like the sound of your project. I've only just briefly read through some of this blog, but will come back for more soon.

8:32 PM  
Blogger Naturegirl said...

I loved coming by and reading your posts filled with kindness! Is is so important to be kind and spread Joy!
I shall be back..thank you for entering my celebration draw! spreading Joy :)NG

3:48 AM  
Blogger Christy said...

Isn't it something how someone can do something kind and people start talking about it, spreading it to their friends and beyond. I love how that works. Like a ripple in a pond. Kindness keeps on going and touches everything.

5:58 PM  
Blogger Melissa Markham said...

I wanted to stop by and say congratulations! You are the winner of my Twisted Silver Giveaway! www.melissaomarkham.com.

If you email me at melissamarkham(at)takethemat(dot)com, and send me your snail mail addy, I will get it in the mail to you! Congrats!

7:22 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Happy New Year April! :)Thank you for all of the wonderful links you share in your blog! I love the Love Notes for the City idea!! I can't wait to get started! All of these great kindness projects...wow...it just moves me to tears to know that there ARE people in the world who care, contrary to all the toxic sludge that the news media forces upon us every day! Here's to everyone who helps to keep kindness alive in the world! :)
~Kim A.

3:54 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home