Saturday, March 04, 2006

Validation

The note below was in the comments of a previous post...my first recipient contact. Yay! I couldn't have wished for sweeter validation.

"Your gift ended up on my business mailbox. I am not sure if you placed it there or if it was moved from its original spot by someone else. In either case, I am glad it ended up on my mailbox. Thank you. I hate to admit that at first I was a little thrown off and suspicious, but when I opened the envelope, all that mattered was this beautiful piece of art. Then as I paused long enough from admiring this amazing piece of work, with it's awesome colors and shapes, and read the intent behind it, well, it just made me smile! Hugely! I think in this cynical world where all you hear is sad and depressing and start to think that our soceity is breaking down, to get some kind of sign that not everyone/everything is bad out there, it is a huge gift. Thank you for reminding me that there are kind,good people in this world. I will frame and hang your beautiful art, for it's beauty of course but mostly as a daily reminder that there are people out there who believe in the kindness of the human spirit. It really got me thinking and I believe this to be one of the most important implications of your project. Keep people thinking. Thanks for the inspiration and please, don't be discouraged. Even if people don't take the time to tell you that your gestures are appreciated (as we should) I am sure that they are. Have a great day!"

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home