Tuesday, March 18, 2008

Blessing from Oneness (and an Update)

"Our longing for the eternal kindles our imagination to bless. Regardless of how we configure the eternal, the human heart continues to dream of a state of wholeness, that place where everything comes together, where loss will be made good, where blindness will transform into vision, where damage will be made whole, where the clenched question will open in the house of surprise, where the travails of life's journey will enjoy a homecoming. To invoke a blessing is to call some of that wholeness upon a person now." - John O'Donohue, *To Bless the Space Between Us: A Book of Blessings*

I love this quote that serendipitously made its way into my email inbox today. I say serendipitously because I have been undergoing a major spiritual awakening the last few weeks and residing in the place of wholeness, Oneness more and more. I like the idea that I can call some of this Oneness/Wholeness upon other people through my blessings.

I know I haven't be a very active blogger here lately, life got very overwhelming with illnesses and winter hibernation, as well as commitments I have in my community. I'm preparing to stage manage a production of The Laramie Project in my town next month! I'm very excited. Then there's this intense evolving process that I'm going through right now that seems to take up all the space I have left within. Maybe I'll try to share some about it in the coming weeks. It's definitely applicable to this project. I will do my best to bring more regular posts about generosity, kindness, blessing and gift economy, and should be able to fill any blessing requests that come in. There haven't been many the last few months, which makes me a little sad but also kept me from being more overwhelmed, so I accept the blessing of the project being in hibernation as well. But I hope to see it flower again as Spring awakens the world.

Anyway, thanks for listening and participating in The Conspiracy in any way that you do, even if it's little acts of kindness towards yourself.

Labels: , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home