Monday, February 20, 2006

The Blessing Cards


Tomorrow I will begin distributing The Blessing Cards. The cards are beautiful and handmade from Nepal. Inside I include both an art blessing kaleidescope (like the image here) printed on matte cardstock and a poem or quote blessing.

Examples of a word blessing..."Umuntu Ngumuntu Nga Bantu" (which means "A person is a person through other people" or "I am because we are") - Southern African saying

or

"With the gift of listening comes the gift of healing, because listening to your brothers and sisters until they have said the last words in their hearts is healing and consoling. Someone once said that it is possible 'to listen a person's soul into existence.'" -- Catherine de Hueck Doherty

I was inspired while creating the cards to wonder about where this whole generosity thing can go. Can I create creative generosity workshops? What about community creative generosity projects? Can I be a generosity teacher?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home