Tuesday, October 23, 2007

What Do I Do Exactly?

I've received some inquiries recently into how exactly I piece together blessing packages for each recipient, so I thought I'd write a post about it so that people have a better idea of things.

Each package is a combination of both stock and unique pieces:

Every package contains a set of art & word cards that are not unique but highly inspirational writings or poems that I believe anyone could benefit from. I put together the writings with my mandalas, kaleidescopes or beatiful stock images I find online. Not everyone gets the same set--I try to draw on what little I know about them or trust the Universe is guiding me--and I'm always adding new ones to the bunch. Lately, for women I've also been intuitively drawing a card from the Grace Cards to include in their packages. I used Goddess Knowledge Cards from Susan Boulet in the past.

I create a unique envelope for each set of cards made from pretty papers, stickers, embellishments, etc.

Then I include something handmade: either a Transformation Doll, Blessing Box (full of at least 50 business card sized inspirations), or I'm going to start doing journals as well (they will be decorated on the outside and have handwritten quotes/poems/prompts on some of the pages inside). I've also made clay tokens with symbols or quotes. I'm thinking about getting back into clay again and maybe making inspirational tiles.

Depending on my abundance level at the time, some packages have contained Blessing Rings or cards from NepalesePaper.com.

Lastly, I include a handwritten note or card.

I wish I had the time and inspiration to put together entirely unique packages for everyone, but now that I've sent out more than 100 packages in the last year, I'm grateful I set things up the way I did. Everyone is guaranteed to get a unique piece of art from me, but also get a big handful of inspirations.

How much goes into packages often depends on my financial and art supply abundance at the time. Sometimes I'm struggling to get printer ink and card stock to print post cards on or postage for packages. Other times I have plenty of everything. I'm good right now. I'm still using the postage that was donated quite awhile back, but it's close to running out. That's when things might get more complicated since every package costs at least $2.00 to send. I'm just going to trust the Universe will provide as needed.

Labels: ,

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Is there a way to donate paper or postage?

7:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home