Thursday, May 10, 2007

PostcardX: Random Acts of Mailed Kindness

I can't believe I didn't have PostcardX in the links for this blog. I signed up last year and have received 9 marvelously quirky packages since. I've received poems and art, magazine cut outs, post cards, and even a coin purse made from a baby's sock with frogs! How wonderful weird is that!

I was wracking my brain for possible recipients of blessing packages today (I have so much piled up that I want to give away!) and realized I "owed" a few reciprocal packages to people who had mailed me from the PostcardX site. Now I just have to remember that site is there when I'm itching to send out packages and there are no requests from here to fill.

3 Comments:

Blogger :: miss m :: said...

A beautiful surprise was in my mailbox today. What amazing timing, it comes to me just two days before my 30th birthday - an event I am very tense and sad over. This bright, cheerful spark made me smile. To think that you sent to me this amazing handmade package and all I sent was a postcard. It's beautiful. You've touched me and I thank you for the kindness. Precious moments like this remind me it's not all badness in the world and I greatly thank you for that gift.

12:58 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Postcardx is lots of fun. :) I'm so glad The Conspiracy is still around. I hope you are doing well!

4:59 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

sendsomething.net and postcrossing.com are great fun too!

postcardx was wonderfully random and will be missed.

Great blog, glad I came across it...
Blessed be!
Danielle

5:18 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home