Sunday, December 04, 2005

First Gift: Beaded Snowflakes

These are examples of the beaded snowflakes that are my first gift, distributed over the next week. They fall perfectly into the nature of the season without any religious/spiritual/cultural implications.

I don't think it's a coincidence that I am beginning this project during the holiday season. I've always loved how my generosity is not questioned at this time of the year and I can spoil people rotten without any awkwardness.

I'm considering a variety of options for posting on this project. I'm sure I'll share the myriad of feelings and thoughts that arise as I progress. I might share the locations. I'm already considering what good locations would be since I want to be sure I'm not witnessed leaving the gift; I want to be sure I don't leave them outside where the elements can harm them; and I'm wondering if store shelves are a possibility. Would stores have a problem with me leaving a gift on their shelf? Would any business?

It's amazing how many questions are now coming to me as I consider the implications of this project on the community at large. What if someone doesn't like the gift? I would hope they would pass it on to someone who would. What if someone throws a gift away? At least I'll never know!

I'm also curious to know people's reactions when they find the gifts. Are they afraid to check it out? Do they think someone is playing a joke on them? Are their initial reactions cynical or optimistic? Is it a happy surprise? Did it brighten a difficult day? Do they think I'm a weirdo or are they intrigued?

Last night, bringing this project into manifestation through this blog was an impulse. Now that I have had time to ponder it, I'm recognizing the enormous opportunities here, especially for my own growth. I suffer from extreme insecurity when it comes to my intuitive pushes to create and/or share myself. I have all sorts of creative ideas all the time but rarely follow through because I think I'll fail, or people will think I'm lame, or whatever. I hold myself back in extreme ways. This project is challenging me to make myself vulnerable to the world at large, which is both frightening and exciting. I could fall on my face here, or this could become another community built brick by creative brick in this little corner of cyberspace.

I know this for sure, I feel good about following through this time. I'm nervous as all heck, but I am also very happy.

Thank you for listening!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home