Saturday, December 03, 2005

Introduction to A Conspiracy of Blessings

A Conspiracy of Blessings is a public art project inspired by Rob Brezny's book Pronoia: How the Whole World is Conspiring to Shower You with Blessings. If you don't know who Rob Brezny is, please take a few minutes to check out his site and the 10% of the book he makes available there. He is one of the most creative and uplifting voices in America right now.

This project is based on the concept of gifting my community with random acts of kindness and creativity. My personal bliss is based in creativity and generosity. If I ever become financially abundant in such a way that I could do what I want with my time, I would spend my life making beautiful things and giving them away. For now, I will use what little abundance I have left from my day job after meeting my family's needs to fund the project.

The project will begin this week--maybe today--as I leave small wrapped packages with beaded snowflake ornaments in random places in Eureka, California (restaurant tables, newspaper boxes, public bathrooms, etc.). These packages will include a label with a link to this blog so that the recipient can come here and learn about this project, as well as leave a comment about their gift if they so choose. I may post images of some of the art I distribute, that seems the best way to make a place for recipient comments. I will also distribute small collections of my art pieces to local community agencies like the women's shelter or rescue mission. I believe EVERYONE needs a little beauty and generosity in their lives.

I have no investment in what becomes of my art once it leaves my hands, although I hope it it at least makes people feel good in some way. My desire is to send an energy of peace and kindness into my community. Whatever happens to each piece of art, I know in my heart the energy of my act is leaving a ripple effect of love in my community.

I also hope to inspire other conspirators around the country, who will either deliver my art or their own to their communities.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wow that just made my day. So optimistic and inspiring!!

7:24 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hello, Thanks you, thank you, and May God Bless you as I know He will. You responded to a request by my sister, Tammy Mimms for an "Art Injection" She asked anyone who could and would to send me out happy packages, hand made art, to cheer me in my long time of illness.
You responded...big!! I told Tammy to post thank yous for me but then she sent me this blog and I saw a spot where I could presonally Thannk You, And that Is just what I am doing...The problem is...how do you thank someone for smiles, tears of joy, a warm heart...on and on. The fact is I can not find the proper words to Thank you, so I will leave it with my favorite gift..God bless you.
From the heart, Vicki

3:32 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home