Saturday, July 28, 2007

Good Music: The Polyphonic Spree

"I'm projecting and reflecting a desire for you to come into my life..."

Isn't that a glorious lyric?

The Polyphonic Spree just released their new album, The Fragile Army. It's positively wonderful. I love their positivity and their tremendous symphonic sound. They're sound is so big it fills me up in a way I can't describe. It's soul music. I get goosebumps and/or tears sometimes, especially if I can listen to them on a loud stereo system or when I watch them performing live. You can see that these are people living their bliss, tuned into their Divine expression, and I think it's so overwhelming to me because there are so many of them expressing their Godness at once.

I love that even though this album is a response to the era of war that we are living in, it's still so lovely to listen to. It's not preachy. It's a little darker than their previous albums, but still witty and extremely joyful.

This link is the first video from the album for the song Running Away. The video is made up of 70,000 still images--it's pretty amazing.

Most people know The Polyphonic Spree by their song "Light and Day" which was featured both in the show Scrubs and the movie Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Mind (one of my favorite movies of all time!). Here is a video of a live performance of that song (so you can see their blissful performing). It's very sad that so many commenters on their videos think that people have to be on drugs to be so joyful.

Labels: , , , ,

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I love, love, love them! I find their music spiritual, too. :) Beautiful stuff!

11:11 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home